Friday, April 19, 2019

Chuck's Visit

Our friend Chuck often comes to the lodge from Portland to visit us.  This year, he tried to come see us in February.  The day he was supposed to fly over from Sitka, it was 14 degrees and blowing 45 kts.  He waited for flying weather patiently in Sitka for four days before finally flying home.  The next day it was beautiful flying weather.

He rescheduled for April and had a great day to fly over the top from Sitka!

Finally made it!

Some of groceries that had been waiting in Sitka since Chuck's February attempt!

John came over to get his mail and some groceries that came over on Chuck's plane.

While John and Chuck were here, I pressed them into service to help me adjust the ramp down to the dock.

What a day!

Chuck helped me snare a volunteer log.

The ramp on a minus 3 foot tide.

I guess I'm going to have to work on my left hand position!

Dueling Fiddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment